Gloucester Market

The market used to be held in Kings Square, Gloucester and it was quite usual to see cattle being herded through the heart of the city on market days.  It was moved in 1959 to the west of the city in order to accommodate the building of the inner ring road.  The original site is now the bus station and a multistory car-park.

Page link: Views of Gloucester Market
Views of Gloucester Market
Stories and pictures