Frampton vs Quedeley

By Jordi Tarrant

Frampton vs Quedgeley

I play for Frampton-on-Severn Youth Football Club, I'm in the under 10's team. On Saturday 14th November we travelled to Waterwells to play against Quedgeley A team on their new astro turf pitch.

The weather was very wet and extremely windy and we even had some sleet towards the end of the game!

We started with a warm up and settled into a well balanced first few minutes of the match. Harry had his debut in goal and saved some fine goal attempts from Quedgeley. The defence played well and kept a nice tight defence. I was Captain and played upfront and together with my team mates we started to dominate the first half with lots of attempts at scoring goals. We could have been 2 up within minutes all but for some good goal keeping by the home keeper. Kez had 3 very close shots, one which hit the cross bar. James also had some close shots and I had one good shot, but Quedgeley's goalkeeper proved too good. The wind didn't help with the ball either! We had a change of team players with the subs coming onto the pitch and despite some good moments we ended up with a draw of 0 - 0.

At halftime Quedgeley gave us some oranges and Neil and Rich our Manager and Trainer gave us all a team talk and we were ready for the second half with a team shuffle again.

We started off dominating the game with some great passes and lots of action at the opposition's goal then, Quedgeley scored their first goal, quickly followed by a second goal. We played hard and James finally scored our first goal. This was quickly followed by another goal from Kez to make it an equalizer. We were also given a free kick and a great pass from James to Tom and then to Noah, who scored, which took us into the lead by 1 goal. Then Quedgeley quickly retaliated and nearly scored to make it a draw but Luke was in goal and made some fantastic saves. Quedgeley kept pushing hard and tried another goal but Luke quickly dived onto the ball, followed by two Quedgeley players and two of ours, it looked like a rugby scrum! The Referee blew the whistle for the end of the match, to our delight we realised that Luke had saved Quedgeley's goal and we had won the match 3 - 2. We gave Quedgeley a "hip hip, hooray" Cheer and our Manager Neil said that we were all Man of the Match as we never gave up!

This page was added by Iris Capps on 03/12/2009.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.